One way to become ‘rich’ in Japan.
1. Kawaii-Pre teen Junior Idol Girl x1
2. Professional Camera (DSLR) x1
3. Wardrobe of cute clothes for Junior Idol Girl x1
4. Book Publisher
5. “lolita complex” bunch of guys/girls
Dress up 1. with 3. and take pictures using 2. Publish book using 4.’s help and wait for 5. to buy them in bulk. Repeat till 1. grows up and replace with a new 1.
1. + 3. + 2. + 4. earns you no. of 5. x (where x is the book’s selling price)
This is related to The Preteen Junior Idol boom in Japan where elementary school girls making sexually suggestive photo books are becoming good sellers apparentely.
Twenty-nine percent of those surveyed admits to having a “lolita complex.” According to some of the people interviewed, it is a sign of a growing social problem in Japan.
I hope this is the limit which they will reach. The newer idols age have been steadily dropping and sooner or later (I pray not) they will be comparing toddlers or something.
Source: Japan Probe <Link>